To offer you all the benefits of our services and the associated account, it is necessary to collect certain data from you.
- To maintain and improve our services (apps and websites) and to do scientific research on ICT and STEM/STEAM education, we use Google Analytics by Google LLC (USA), Dynatrace by Dynatrace LLC (USA) to get metadata about the usage of our services, e.g., crash information, timestamps, visited pages/screens, usage of our apps and services, used operating system, and information about the network provider. This analysis and the collected data is not linked to your profile and does not contain any personal information (last bits of the IP address get anonymized). However, the collected data will get transferred to the service-providers (Google LLC, USA and Dynatrace LLC, USA). Data processing is based on agreements with Google LLC and Dynatrace LLC. This relationship to the service providers conforms to the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR) and EU-USA "Privacy Shield" agreement.
- From time to time we may contact you to ask questions about your usage of our systems, e.g., to improve their user-friendlyness or for scientific research purposes. You can answer these questions on a voluntary basis, and we store only anonymized data on our own servers. As of April 2021, we use SurveyLegend.com, based in Sweden, Europe and storing its data in Europe, as the tool to conduct surveys and ask you questions. The collected data on our side is not linked to your profile and does not contain any personal information.
- On a voluntary basis, you can also give us your country of residence through your account page on the sharing site. This will get displayed on your public profile and only be used for statistical and research purposes by us. It can be removed at any time in your profile settings.
- You can withdraw the usage of the personal data belonging to your account at any time by deleting your account through your profile page on https://share.catrob.at/. After deleting your account you will still be able to use the provided services, but not to collaborate, e.g., through uploading programs, commenting, or liking. Also, all provided content linked to your account, e.g., uploaded programs, comments, etc., will be deleted.
- To avoid misuse of our services, e.g., through user contributed uploads or comments for illegal purposes, all user generated public data (uploads, comments) will be stored internally in a database, together with a timestamp. We do not collect internet addresses anymore for your protection. This data will not be used by or forwarded to any institutions, unless sufficiently illegal actions are reasonably suspected and officially entitled legal institutions request it based on applicable law (that is why we do not collect IP addresses anymore). Each case will be thoroughly checked on an individual basis by us first.
- All Services are provided by the free open source Catrobat project under the umbrella of the International Catrobat Association – Verein zur Förderung freier Software, a non-profit NGO incorporated in Graz, Austria (European Union). Our policies pay respect to EU and Austrian data protection law (GDPR).
To get in touch with us, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail us to Catrobat, Herrengasse 3, A-8010 Graz, Austria (European Union).
In case you are below the age of 14, this policy must be accepted by a legal guardian (usually a parent).
Version 2.3, 6 April 2021